Thank you and hugs to Ling, who tagged me in the Award! The Versatile Blogger Award is about quality of writing and uniqueness. And it's a fun, "get to know the blogger" style of tag!
I don't know about writing quality because I'm rambly, but thank you!! ♥
1. I love starting with this fact every time: I'm 5'7"! That's rather tall for a Chinese woman, so a lot of people don't expect this. So in case you want to meet up, now you know whether you'll have to look up at me or not...
2. English is the language I'm most comfortable in, but I grew up speaking Mandarin. I can still hold a conversation with it, but I don't know a lot of random, everyday nouns. Aside from this, I can understand some Tagalog and Fujianese (and Taiwanese because it's similar) because that's what my family speaks.
3. I like living in big cities. Although my family has always lived in the big suburb of a bigger city, I prefer the hustle and bustle of busy streets. I spent several years as a kid in Quezon City, which is essentially a suburb of Manila. And now I'm in a Toronto suburb, spending a ton of my time in Toronto. (Also, does anyone call it T Dot? I feel like you shouldn't.)
4. I like drinking coffee, but you probably won't see me drinking any. I have a cup every morning and I feel like any more during the day is probably a bad idea. But sometimes, I'm offered free coffee and I make bad decisions. Like 2 litres of coffee in just as many hours.
5. I'm a Potterhead. I grew up reading Harry Potter (since I was 9!) and the series is still near and dear to my heart. My birthday is July 31, and I'm a Gryffindor. I am Harry(ette) Potter. I know a lot of the details and I love talking about the Potterverse and analyzing the story. So hit me up for Harry Potter meta?
6. I'm named after a lot of things, but most notably Christine, the Stephen King story about a demonic vintage car. Thanks, dad.