5 February 2016

Revisit: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation Review

The L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation isn't that new a product anymore, and in fact I've already done a review on these. But I wanted to revisit that old review, and share a shade update for those of you who are having just as much difficulty matching yourselves to this foundation.

In my first review about the Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, I talked about how 103 Natural Buff was a pretty good shade match, if a little dark. When I started running out of it, I decided to try other shades to look for a better match.

Based off the website's product page, I decided to start with shade names ending in "Beige" since those seemed to be more yellow-toned. 104 is also called Golden Beige, and is the next step "up" from my previous choice.

Shade 104 definitely has a yellow undertone, and when I compared 103 to 104, the pinkness of 103 really showed up. However, tone-wise (how dark/light it is), they're really about the same. Despite this, 104 makes my skin look brighter because the foundation's undertone is correct. It doesn't sound like it should be, but it really is a huge difference.

If you find that 103 is too dark for you, definitely check out the next three shades (104 Golden Beige, 105 Natural Beige, 106 Sun Beige) to see if it's because 103 has a pink undertone. Those three shades are very similar in my opinion, with subtle differences in tone and amounts of yellow.

The inside of my arm is very pink indeed.

In the original post, I also mentioned how hard this foundation is to blend because it sets so fast. I recently decided to try it with a damp makeup sponge (specifically, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge). WOW what a difference! The sponge provides the same sort of flawless complexion as I was able to get using a paddle foundation brush, but it achieves that result so much quicker. So if you've been frustrated by this foundation, definitely try a damp sponge.

Again, my only real complaint about this foundation is the awful numbering system and how hard it is to match yourself. I still love the formula and I can trust it to last all day.

Stay updated and follow me on

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a reputable contextual ad company, I suggest you take a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete