16 May 2016

Stila Eyes Are the Window to the Spirit Review & Swatches


In the world of pretty palette packaging, I really think that Stila's Eyes Are the Window palettes are some of the best. The palette comes in four options, and I picked up the Eyes Are the Window to the Spirit palette, which is their warm neutral shade selection.

The Eyes Are the Window to the Spirit palette has a rose gold cover and a silver bottom. The 12 shades inside are a mixture of shimmers and mattes, though only two shades are truely matte. The palette comes with an insert with three looks.

I absolutely love that this palette doesn't come with applicators. It makes the palette feel so much more compact and without wasted space. The square-ish format also means the mirror is SUCH a great size and shape to actually see my face in.

According to the Sephora website, these shadows can be worn wet or dry, but this isn't mentioned on the Stila website.



I picked this palette for two reasons: I wanted a warm palette to complement Naked2, and this palette had the cult favourite shade, Kitten. But not going to lie: the red cranberry-ish shade was very tempting while also being very scary.

While Kitten doesn't look like much in the swatches below, it doesn't disappoint in real life. It's super glowy and I absolutely love it. Puppy and Chinois are the only two truly matte shades, but Espresso comes off matte even though it has tiny shimmers. Pewter was the only shade with the teensiest fallout.


I haven't had anything to complain about in terms of pigment, longevity, fallout... The shadows are all super smooth powders that last all day with my trusty Too Faced primer. The quality of these shadows are awesome, but at $59 CAD, they'd honestly better be.

All in all, I really love this palette (minus that price!), and it's a great intro into the Stila brand (along with my recently reviewed liquid lipstick). It's super easy to reach for, and packs a surprising amount of variety in a neutral palette that it's hard to get bored with it.

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment