27 May 2016

Summer Smoochin'


So I'm a sucker for alliteration. Today's post is all about my fave summertime lippies that I'll be pulling out all season long. Chances are I won't be doing a lot of smooching since lipstick makes my boyfriend dodge me like I'm infectuous, but that doesn't stop me from trying!

Like I mentioned in my review for the Rimmel The Only 1 Lipsticks, the shades I picked up are very much summer colours, and Pink a Punch is definitely one I want to pull out often this season! It's a vibrant pink that actually verges on unflattering on my skin tone.

Another pink is the essence Sheer & Shine Lipstick in All About Cupcake. Unlike Pink a Punch, this one is super sheer and is basically a tinted lip balm. I love tinted balms in the summer because they're so low maintenance, which is a huge plus when everything comes off as I drink from water bottles all day.

For a bright red, this year's pick is Cover Girl's Colorlicious Lipstick in Succulent Cherry. The formula's a bit waxy and staying power isn't legendary, but the colour is awesome and really fun for bright summer days.

The coral of the group is the tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Coral Blossom. First up, the packaging for this lipstick tube is SO CUTE. Yes, it's mostly cardboard but like, it's adorable. Corals are just so summery, and this shade really captures that.

Finally, glossy lips have finally found their place. The NARS lip gloss in Supervixen (which I got in a Sephora bronze set, y'all think I would actually go out and get this??) is absolutely gorgeous on, and even though I'll definitely have to put up my hair to use this, it's the first gloss in a long time that makes me want to wear it out of the house. Just gotta avoid that hair-in-lip-gloss situation.

What are your fave lip products for this summer?

Stay updated and follow me on

No comments:

Post a Comment